White House chief economic adviser Larry Kudlow defended President Donald Trump as impeachment hearings are under way in Congress.
The veteran financial guru and former Ronald Reagan adviser said the president has had to “fight hard to do his task” amid political “toxicity” in Washington, the Epoch Times reported.
“He has been attacked mercilessly and I’ve seen it up close daily. And he attacks back. I don’t know if that’s the way he would prefer frankly,” the Epoch Times quoted Kudlow as saying earlier this week at an annual gala hosted by the Independent Women’s Forum (IWF), a conservative nonprofit advocacy group that focuses on policies affecting women.
Kudlow said Trump’s task is to “transform and rebuild” the economy and national security, as well as values, freedom, free enterprise, and human rights.
“I can simply say I support the mission and I support him,” he said. “I like tough. Tough is good.”
Meanwhile, Donald Trump Jr. on Thursday slammed House Democrats’ reliance on hearsay evidence during the first public impeachment hearings of the president as “disgusting” — asking Newsmax TV, “What kind of a joke is this?”
“They don’t know what’s going on,” Trump Jr., executive vice president of the Trump Organization, told host John Cardillo on “America Talks Live” in an exclusive interview.
Trump Jr., 41, is the author of “Triggered: How the Left Thrives on Hate and Wants to Silence Us,” now in the No. 1 spot on The New York Times best-seller list. He is the eldest son of President Donald Trump.
The House continued impeaching hearings Friday, two days after they first began. More are also scheduled for next week.
“Hearsay is better than direct information. Direct evidence.
“What kind of joke is this?” he asked “How come no one in the media is saying a damn thing about it?
Trump Jr. also told Cardillo in his exclusive Newsmax TV interview that:
- President Donald Trump is “committed” to Vice President Mike Pence.
- House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif., is a “dishonestly alert” who repeatedly leaked his 2017 Russia testimony.
- White House staffers working against President Donald Trump are only “covering their butts” for future jobs in the D.C. “swamp.”
- He wrote his new best-seller to expose the “double standards” that are so “flagrant” in Washington and the media.
- College campuses have become the “least-tolerant places in the world” after he was heckled by conservative students at UCLA over the weekend.
- Americans are not buying the impeachment hearings; they are “just version 2.0 of how do we get Trump because we don’t like him.”
Important: Find Newsmax TV in 70 million U.S. cable homes on DirecTV Ch. 349, Dish Ch. 216, Xfinity Ch. 1115, Optimum Ch. 102; U-verse Ch. 1220, FiOS Ch. 615, Spectrum, Suddenlink, Wow! or More Systems Here.